Technology > Hosting Services > Listserv Hosting >
What is NEO-RLS Listserv Hosting?
NEO-RLS can provide your library with mail distribution groups (listserves) using your library's domain name; for example: email@example.com If your library owns some other domain name, such as a yourlibrary.org, that name can be used instead.
What are some possible uses for these lists?
- General announcements to all patrons with e-mail addresses
- A list of upcoming children's programs sent to interested patrons
- Monthly lists of new materials in a given format or genre
- Discussion lists for staff, managers, or trustees
- Discussion lists for book discussion groups
- Easy distribution of messages to groups of staff
Who will be able to send messages to these lists? How will people be added to and deleted from the lists?
Your library will control all the options for each of your lists. Some of the options are:
- Who is allowed to send messages to the list?
- Do messages have to be approved before distribution?
- Do you want to control who is added to a list, or do you want to allow anyone to subscribe (perhaps by using a web form that NEO-RLS can provide to you)?
- Would you like all messages sent to the list to be archived?
What kind of list names can we use?
You can use any names you want, subject to the following criteria: List names must:
Here are some examples of valid list names:
- start with a letter;
- be no more than 32 characters long;
- include only letters (lower case only), numerals, periods, underscores, and hyphens.
How much does it cost?
$250 per year for 10 lists and up to 1,000 subscribers
How can I get further information?
Contact shawn.walsh (330-847-7744 ext. 14) at NEO-RLS.
How do I sign up?
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the names of the lists you would like and the domain name you would like to use.