Technology > Hosting Services > Spam Filtering >
The NEO-RLS Spam filter is a combination of a number of elements designed to filter out junk “spam” e-mail from everyday legitimate messages. The ultimate goal of the spam filter is to mark all junk e-mail as spam thus allowing users to easily distinguish between spam and legitimate messages. By easily allowing users to do this, an organization will save time otherwise spent on opening, moving, and deleting junk e-mails.
In addition to marking spam messages, the NEO-RLS Spam Filter also scans for and blocks viruses, e-mails with malicious content, and e-mails to invalid users. These additional features provided an additional layer of security for your network as well as freeing up systems resources by blocking unwanted, useless e-mails.
- Scans for and marks spam messages
- Scans for and disinfects virus e-mails
- Filters out e-mails to nonexistent users
- Integrates with all e-mail systems, including Microsoft Exchange.
- Works with most existing spam filters and virus scanners.
- Makes use of Active Directory and Exchange, if available, to further filter out spam e-mail
- Saves precious time and money that would otherwise be spent on sorting out spam and legitimate e-mail
- Easy to use graphical utility for maintaining black lists and white lists
- Full featured statistical and troubleshooting utility.
The NEO-RLS Spam Filter utilizes a dedicated server in order to reduce the load on existing e-mail systems. The required hardware will vary depending on your organizations projected usage. Hardware can be provided by the organization, or included as an additional cost as part of the NEO-RLS Spam Filter. The following is a minimum and recommended specification list:
- Pentium III 750Mhz processor or better
- 512MB of RAM
- 10GB Hard Drive
- 10base-T network card
- Pentium III 1.0 GHz or Pentium 4 1.5 GHz processor or better
- 1.0GB of RAM
- 30GB Hard Drive
- 10/100base-TX network card
NEO-RLS Spam Filter setup and configuration for NEO-RLS hosted mail is $250 including 1 year of support, and $150 annually for further support and upgrades.
NEO-RLS Spam Filter setup and configuration for a member mail server is $500 including 1 year of support, and $350 annually for further support and upgrades. This configuration requires a server as noted in the requirements, if the library so chooses NEO can provide a server at current market value.
NEO-RLS Spam Filter setup and configuration for a non member or geographic member mail server is $1100 including 1 year of support, and $550 annually for further support and upgrades. This configuration requires a server as noted in the requirements, if the library so chooses NEO can provide a server at current market value. If travel is required outside the NEO-RLS geographic region the library may also be responsible for these expenses as well.
For further information or to purchase this service:
Contact shawn.walsh (330-847-7744 ext. 14) at NEO-RLS.